Just a quick word on what is currently going on.
- My internship at Apple is soon coming to an end. It was an absolutely fantastic experience, which I will surely talk about some more in future entries, NDA permitting :p
- There will be a new MPQKit release sometime by the end of August. It will likely be the last beta release before the release candidate for 1.0, which will happen sometime in September.
- I have started intensive work on Riven X again, and there is a lot more to come for that project as well. There will also be a new binary release by the end of August. I plan on finishing this project before next summer (for real this time).
- StarCraft II will be awesome.
- OpenGL 3 (codenamed Longs Peak) will go final sometime in September or October. This is fantastic news for OpenGL, as LP brings some much needed fresh air to the API, particularly in the realm of object model and data / state transfer efficiency. It will be a while before we see LP implementations ship to customers, but at least the spec will be out there.
Much more coming in a week.